Total Care Health and Wellness Medical Center
Education and Training
Interventional Pain Management and Regenerative Medicine Fellow
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Doctor of Medicine
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, Cum Laude
August 1996-December 1998
Research Experience and Publications
- Barreto J. Plastic-itis: How Plastic is affecting the Health of our Planet and Your Body. Self-published. May 2015.
- Barreto J. Bond T. Case studies in Pain Management. Chapter 32- Patient with ankle pain. Pages 235- 239. (To be published in October 2014).
- Barreto J. Ericksen J. Case studies in Pain Management. Chapter 33- Patient with lateral epicondylosis or other focal tendinopathy. Pages 240- 242. (To be published in October 2014).
- Bierner S. and Barreto J. A Prospective, Observational Cohort Study of Pain and Hypertonia
In Patients with Hemiparesis- (2009-2011)
- Bierner S. and Barreto J. Validation of a Spanish Language Version of The SF-MPQ-2 for North Texas Hispanic Patients. 2010 Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting Scientific Presentations. Poster Presentation. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation; 89:4(Supplement); S26. April 2010.
- Gabriel V, Barreto J. High Potency Bisphosphonates for Burn Related Heterotopic Ossification. J Burn Care Res. 2010 Mar; 31 (2): S109
- Barreto J. Kandala G and Annaswamy TM. Poster ORT-4: Shoulder Pain in a Patient with an Anomalous Coracoclavicular Joint: A Case Report.In: 2009 Southern Medical Association Annual Scientific Assembly Abstracts. Page 59.Poster Presentation. 2009 Annual Scientific Assembly of Southern Medical Association. December 2009
- Media and Marketing committee of the Hackett Hemwall Foundation (2014)
- Education and Training committee of the Hacket Hemwall Foundation (2014)
- Mexico Prolotherapy mission trip with Hacket Hemwall Foundation (2014)
- Honduras Prolotherapy mission trips with the Hackett Hemwall Foundation (2012, 2013)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (2009- 2010)
- Seasonal Head Start, Member of Health Advisory Committee (2004-2008)
- “Amor Que Sana” Foundation, Ponce, PR (September 2006)
- First Annual Ferries del Caribe Foundation Pediatric Health Fair,
Barahona Batey, Dominican Republic(June 2004)
|American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine||2012 – Present|
|Lafayette Parish Medical Society||2012 – Present|
|Lousiana State Medical Society||2012 – Present|
|Association of Academic Physiatrists||2010 – Present|
|American Society of Interventional Pain Physician||2009 – Present|
|American Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation||2006 – Present|
|American Medical Association||2006 – 2008|
|American Medical Student Association||2006 – 2008|
|American Physical Therapy Association||2000 – 2008|
Extra Curricular Activities
|Founder and Blogger of www.OTwithMD.com||2013 – Present|
|Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Interest Group Founder and President||2006 – 2008|
|Little League Baseball Coach||2001 – 2003|
To know more about Dr. Barreto’s services, click here!